Chronic Inflammation. Wednesday, May 8th, 5:30-8pm, $75
Do you creak? Ache? Have swollen or sore joints and muscles? You might a pattern of inflammation. Chronic inflammation patterns afflict millions. It’s one of those recalcitrant patterns that runs on a spectrum of severity and frequency. It can come and go. It can be mild or severe. Sometimes it’s the result of other diseases, sometimes it comes with age. Whatever the cause, there is always something we can do to relieve the effects of inflammation.
In this class we will look at the nature of chronic inflammatory through the lens Asian medicine (Chinese medicine). By understanding the dynamic nature of the patterns that lead to chronic inflammation condition you can learn foods and life habits to help treat, reduce and possibly eliminate these debilitating disharmonies.
Chronic inflammation is a very broad category and includes conditions like – arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, Irritable bowel, Epstein Barr, Fibromyalgia, post-viral symptoms, Lyme’s disease, MS….and so many more. Can we cover everything there is to know about chronic inflammation patterns? No, not in 2 1/2 hours, but we can cover a lot of ground and give participant a strong foundation to work with their unique pattern of inflammation.
What we will cover
- The etiology of inflammation (why it happens)
- Disharmonies that give rise to chronic inflammation in Western medical terms
- The Eastern energetics or patterns of that give rise to chronic inflammatory disharmonies
- Nutritional habits for treating chronic inflammation
- Specific herbal formulas for inflammation
- Specific Qigong and movements for reducing inflammation
- What to do in acute flare ups
- Foods to avoid
- Emotional patterns are involved in chronic conditions
No prior knowledge of Asian medicine (Chinese medicine) is necessary. Includes a detailed booklet with terminology, charts and recipes.
I will hold this class live online for those who can participate. For those unable to attend, it will be recorded and you will have access to the recording and handouts.
Wednesday, May 8th, 5:30-8pm, $75 (includes booklet)